Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Picking Myself Up...Again

Talked to Arnold over lunch today.

The conversation set my mind thinking about trying again. For 21 years I've been trying and failing and giving up and picking myself up again, and then trying again and failing again...just a cycle of unsuccessful attempts that resulted in a greater fear of starting the next time I even want to think about it.

Would it be deception if I tell myself that I would need to quit everything so I can be focus in doing this? Or is it just reality that I should not let everything else have any opportunity to distract me?

Perhaps it's time to lay out all that I'm currently doing and weigh the importance, and realistically the things that I need to at least keep me happy while I embark on this arduous task.

Would such become a lifestyle that I couldn't find myself going back to the things that I have decided to stop doing?

Father, I ask for Your wisdom as I lay this at Your feet. I want to do Your will, not mine. Help me to let go of the things that is not inline with my destiny and purpose in this life that You have given me. I don't want to sit on the fence and keep giving myself excuses such as lack of time, money, personal transport etc. I'm supposed to be able to do all things through Christ who strengthens me, right? Does this fit into one of the "all things"? Give me a sign.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home