Saturday, November 05, 2005

Pretty Pretty

What an eventful day today. For the first time in my life, I went for a make-up workshop. I realised that it is indeed an art to make one's face look pretty pretty. It was fun cos we had hands on on our own faces. Not too bad for someone who doesn't believe that we need foundation, concealer and loose powder beneath the colours. Well, ok, I did see a difference with all the coatings, but practically, I may not see myself doing much of that. I perspire so much that, more often than not, I don't feel that it's worth the trouble. I think if I ever go through all that trouble, then I would have to ensure that it would be a literally 'no sweat' activity. And that would include the journey of getting to that activity. I think I would only get to do that in a seasonal country during winter. Back home, it would just have to be indoor, full blast air-con, chaufferred trip to and fro. Super pampered ah!

Well, all of the above started at 5pm. I was at KBC in the morning, led worship today. First time I'm using the mic. Much better, didn't have to scream. So happy to see CW today. He managed to slip in for the session because so and so was on duty today. Anyway, I wish him all the best for this studies. Some of them are having their papers this Monday. All the best guys!

Left KBC at around 11am and headed straight to NUS to visit JX. His family opens a stall at one of the canteens. Met his parents today. The first time I went by, they were both not around. His folks were friendly, especially dad. I'm happy for him that at least he could find work immediately after release. Sometimes it's the searching that really gets them down. He's an honest chap and I feel that he has a good heart. I pray that he would grow steadily in his faith and discover God's purpose in his life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home